Sunday, May 28, 2023

339. For My Daughter

 I look at you and see your
   beauty - both inside and out
   your compassion, kindness, intelligence
I see your innocence and wonder 
   how much longer until the world
   slowly takes that away?
How do I prepare you?
Warn you of the reality 
   of growing up in a world
   that favours men?
Where you become an object
   of desire rather than the
   whole person you are
Where you're expected to act
   a certain way, dress a 
   certain way
Otherwise you're labeled as 
   emotional, bitchy or a whore
I see you my sweet girl and
   know you will do great things
I'm here beside you, I won't leave
I will help you, guide you, even 
   lead the way as an example
   if needed
And I will definitely be here when
   you feel a little broken each time
   you realize the kind of world women
   have to pave their way through. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home