Thursday, January 15, 2009

312.

The anticipation is killing me
slowly and painfully.
How do you act when things
haven't changed?
What do you say when you haven't
been told?
Time drags slowly on
The second hand moves slower with
each glance.
Everything is unofficial and it's all
so "shh shh."
I want to scream to the mountains
but I want to be sure.
What if they were wrong?
Or what if things changed?
I shouldn't know what I know;
it's all so secret
Even though it's about me.
But what do I do now?
When good news is supposed to be
coming my way -
but I don't know.
And it's almost two days late?
How do I go back to how I was before?
When things were normal,
I was oblivious and happy
As happy as can be.
I had accepted my future
And now this twist of fate
That's supposed to make me ecstatic
Is really just torture and putting
me out of my mind.

1 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home