Friday, September 18, 1998

39. The First Night

I lie here thinking of that first night
That first night as a twosome
We could no longer fight the feelings
surging out of us.
The feelings that meant so much more
than friendship.
It was extra special that night when 
I was with you.
I got to see a side of you never before seen.
The side that's romantic and sweet - the
perfect boyfriend material.
A candlelit dinner that you cooked yourself,
A nighttime stroll in the park.
Watching the sunset and counting the stars
(The North Star is now named after me.)
And of course the kiss that ended the perfect
night - one so gentle and sweet.
I like here thinking of how things got worse
How I lost not only a boyfriend, but my
best friend.
And I'll forever think of the first night. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home