Wednesday, January 07, 1998

13. Only Eyes Can Say

Glancing into your clear blue eyes, I see what
we once had; now we're just best friends.
We had something special, but we let it go.
It was a mutual thing, but I regret it now -
do you?
You're with another girl now, and you're so
happy together - it hurts.
I feel left out 'cause I've been replaced.
You ask me why I can't look you in the eyes
anymore.
Should I tell you that it's because I'd fall in
love with you again?
Fall in love with your voice, your scnet, every
little thing about you.
"Is it something I did?" you ask.
"No," I answer, thinking it's something I'll do.
"What's the matter?" you ask. "We're still
friends, right?" you press on.
"Always," I assure you, turning my head
to hide my tears.
Later that night I get a note:
I know you're afraid - I know you
too well by now, but if you look into
my eyes, you'll see the love I have for
you. Then I could see the love you
have for me and we won't have to
hide it anymore.
I look up and you're there, with a bouquet
of roses, wearing my favourite cologne.
This time I look in your eyes and I feel myself
falling in love with you all over again.
You say one simple thing, I'll never forget it:
"I love you. We made a mistake. Can we try again?"
I smile and nod, crying, my tears blending
in with the starting rain.
Only this time, they're tears of joy and happiness,
but most importantly, LOVE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home